Realty World Training

I attended a Realty World Training for new agents yesterday in Livermore.  What am I doing at a new agent training, you ask, as I have been in the business for 21 years?  Well, I have a new agent, Liz Ramirez, who is burning up the speedway, so we went together.   I have gone to several trainings where the same information was presented but I have to admit I did learn some new tricks.   I am always amazed at all the services that Realty World provides for their agents for free.   I even learned some new tricks on blogging.   Hope you all have a great weekend.

Capitol Trade Group Meeting

I attended the Capitol Trade Group monthly meeting today in Sacramento.  I love these guys.  We are a group of Realty World franchise owners who meet once a month to promote our area in real estate and brainstorm.  Today we discussed the rally we attended in Stockton last month sponsored by Realty World Corporate.  They had 4 wonderful speakers which inspired us all.  We especially liked Shannon King who shared all her ideas on the latest techno things available to make our lives easier without spending much money.  We also discussed short sales and foreclosures.  Looks like I have some home work to do.

Protect your dog and your garden!

Please tell every dog or cat owner you know. Even if you don’t have a pet, please pass this to those who do. This article was sent to me by my brother, Stan, a real dog lover.

“Over the weekend, the doting owner of two young lab mixes purchased Cocoa Mulch from Target to use in their garden. The dogs loved the way it smelled and it was advertised to keep cats away from their garden. Their dog (Calypso) decided the mulch smelled good enough to eat and devoured a large helping. She vomited a few times which was typical when she eats something new but wasn’t acting lethargic in any way. The next day, Mom woke up and took Calypso out for her morning walk . Half way through the walk, she had a seizure and died instantly.”

Although the mulch had NO warnings printed on the label, upon further investigation on the company’s web site, this product is HIGHLY toxic to dogs and cats.

Cocoa Mulch is manufactured by Hershey’s, and they claim that “It is true that studies have shown that 50% of the dogs that eat Cocoa Mulch can suffer physical harm to a variety of degrees (depending on each individual dog). However, 98% of all dogs won’t eat it.”

Snopes site gives the following information:

“Cocoa Mulch, which is sold by Home Depot, Foreman’s Garden Supply and other Garden supply stores contains a lethal ingredient called ‘Theobromine’. It is lethal to dogs and cats. It smells like chocolate and it really attracts dogs. They will ingest this stuff and die. Several deaths already occurred in the last 2-3 weeks. Theobromine is in all chocolate, especially dark or baker’s chocolate which is toxic to dogs. Cocoa bean shells contain potentially toxic quantities of theobromine, a xanthine compound similar in effects to caffeine and theophylline. A dog that ingested a lethal quantity of garden mulch made from cacao bean shells developed severe convulsions and died 17 hours later. Analysis of the stomach contents and the ingested cacao bean shells revealed the presence of lethal amounts of theobromine.”